Search This Blog

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Too Early

We went to try to pick blackberries but as you can see they aren't quite ready. We did find enough to make a batch of Blackberry Muffins. I just use the same recipe as I do for Blueberry Muffins but use the Blackberries instead; I've even used Strawberries in the same recipe. 

So we will wait a couple weeks and go back to pick berries. Since we couldn't pick today we scoped out a LOT more patches and have plans to pick a bunch - some for jam and some to freeze for pies and cobblers later in the year. While we  were looking for berry patches we spotted some other interesting things along the way. Here is a pictorial tour....
On the way home I felt something under my right arm... a tick... YUCK! I could hardly wait to get home so we could check for others. They just creep me out SO BAD!

Don't forget to visit yesterday's post to join in a fun give-a-way

1 comment:

  1. Hi Becky... It looks like you found quite a variety of things on your walk, besides berries ;) :) We have lots of wild berry bushes here in the area...raspberries, for sure..and blackberries. Or are they bo ysenberries? I can never tell the difference. all I know is that they all taste good ;) :) Have a good weekend. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...