Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

FINALLY... plus a few other things

The Easter Lily has finally bloomed and it was well worth the wait. I am just amazed at the number of buds that are on these two plants and I am looking forward to watching each one open.
"Easter" Lily on her own schedule.
Another Blogger posted what she was currently reading so I decided to snap a picture of the stack of books by my side of the bed - Scott's side is another whole story - books, magazines, and various other paper forms of reading material. He also has the lap top there ready to look things up on-line AFTER we've gone to bed. Sometimes it is good that I am totally deaf in my left ear as I can just put my good ear down and sleep even when he is watching RPeek; 63 Impala 2 dr; Elderly Iron; Relax Shacks DOT com, Restodan,  sxephil or Matthiaswandel on You Tube.

My current stack of books by my bedside.
Quite the stack huh? I'm hoping to work my way through these over the next couple months. Books are almost an addiction for us.


My FAVORITE magazine - I really wish they offered subscriptions.
I just can't say it enough... I LOVE QUILTS N'MORE! I truly wish that they would go ahead and offer it as a Subscription. Every issue is full of wonderful fun projects.
A start on Carrolyns' Ugly Fabric.
And I've started "playing" with Carrolyn's UGLY froggy fabric; I've made three of these blocks so far... still not really sure where this fabric is leading me but I'm sure it will be to something VERY unique.

4 comments:

  1. That's a great idea. I might have to photograph the books and magazines that I'm reading, too. I do have that same Home Sewing book by Karri Meng of French General. it's really nice. Another one you might like is called "Romantic Home Sewing. I don't remember who the author is right at the moment. It's full of practical and pretty projects, too :) :)

    Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your lily! Maybe (if you have time) you could do some book reviews as you make your way through the stack. You have some interesting titles there and I would be interested in what you think of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like some good reading. Books are my addiction too! There are just too many good ones to read them all! (I work in a library...it can be dangerous....) I might have to add a few of these to my ever-growing list of books to read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE seeing your stack of books. wish I had some of them sitting here beside me right now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...