Search This Blog

Saturday, May 07, 2011

Our Saturday Adventures

Fresh from the Market
Our  first stop today was the new State Farmers Market which is located not  far from our home. It's going to take us awhile to learn how to get  around it as it is set up a bit weird. I bought 3 plants that I will  tell you about tomorrow. And we got some beautiful produce... zucchini  squash, sweet potatoes, bell peppers, onions and a watermelon.
Gravely Tractor
We decided to bring the vegetables and plants back to the house so that they wouldn't be sitting in the hot car while we continued on with our day. Scott also wanted to check and see what Types of oil he needed to pick up for his old Gravely Tractor and his Nissan. 

Cookbooks
Our first stop after the pit stop at the house was O'Riley's for the oil. Then we went on  to The Old Mill Antique Mall and thoroughly enjoyed looking through all the vendors booths. I found a couple cookbooks in one booth that was selling EVERYTHING 50% off as they were going out of business. Then when we went up stairs I found a Pampered Chef Cut 'N Seal for just $4 - brand new still in the original packaging ( I took it out of the packaging to photograph it clearly). I'm thinking some mini-Calzones are in our future. 
By the time we were done at the Antique Mall we were both hungry so we stopped at Zesto's (YUMMY). We each got a "White Snack" with sweet iced tea, and a fudge sundae. After we left there I wanted to stop at Jo-Ann Fabrics to see if the pattern I wanted had made it's way into the drawers. Well when we pulled into the parking lot this is what we saw....
Civil War Canon


It's a Civil War Cannon; there was a re-enactment in Sandy Run about a 40 minute drive from where we live. Scott said you could smell where it had been fired for the re-enactment. I left him in charge of getting these photos while I went inside to find the pattern I was waiting to arrive in the store. I also picked up a new little girls dress pattern - this one has a pattern to make matching shorts for the "wild girls" that can't sit lady like in my life. 
Speaking of one of my "Wild Girls"... my little niece Abby (Dougie's sister) is now in the hospital for the same reason - Rotovirus. Please give a thought or a Prayer for her. She is very special to both of us as well as the rest of the family.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Becky, look at all the cool stuff you did :) :) That state farmer's market sounds really interesting. I wonder if we have a state farmer's market in Oregon. You came home with some lovely treasures :) :) :) That Civil War cannon is pretty awesome. You don't see those everyday in the Joann's parking lot :) :) Have a great weekend. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Farmer markets are the best! I wish there was one around here, as the quality of supermarket produce isn't the greatest. :(
    ~S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The farmers markets here haven't opened yet. I am anxiously waiting for that to happen. The dress pattern is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dress pattern. Sounds like you had a great day, and the produce looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...