Search This Blog

Thursday, May 05, 2011

This, That and The Other... On my Mind

 This post is just a little of whats on my mind today. You can join in the fun and join the rest of us with Rhonda at  Down to Earth .

A book arrived today from a dear friend in Maine.

A bloom on my Magnolia tree - it's a LOVE/HATE relationship - goes right along with Wysteria.

A Hydrangea by the garden shed.

Amelia pointed out that the blackberries will be ready to pick soon. Crazy dog eats them almost faster than I can pick them - I guess I should be glad she is willing to share.
I wish it would rain! So I wouldn't have to do this.
And yesterday I got a wild hare and ripped up this section of the carpet in our bedroom. We will finish the tear out this weekend I do believe. We are both sick to death of carpet and with these wood floors hiding underneath it's crazy to keep something we hate.
I tried to get you all some picture of the three Mississippi Kite's that were calling and flying over head but they were camera shy and too graceful and fast for me. I'm so happy they are back as they will thin out the squirrel population fast.


This is a Friday photo feature that anyone with a blog can join. It opens the door to us sharing our lives through these photos and gives us all a new way to discover each other, and maybe form new friendships. Your photo should show something at home that you're thinking about TODAY. If you're in another country you should join in when you read this, even if it's still Thursday.

To take part, all you have to do is post a photo, write a short caption explaining it, and link it back to here ( Down To Earth ). Please write a new post, don't link to an older one. When your photo is published, come back and add a comment below, with a link to your blog photo. Please visit all the blogs that appeal to you and leave a comment. If you are wondering why no one has commented on your On my mind post, maybe it's because you haven't commented on anyone else's. Slow down, take the time to cruise around and enjoy your cyber visits.

5 comments:

  1. Becky, your post sure did speak to me today...first I convinced my DH approx 5 years ago ALL carpet had to go:) I love our flooring we have now...Second...the blackberries my DH bought me need planted in ground ...but unlike your area we have had so much rain I believe the starts would drown...sigh...My Grandmother as I posted on my blog was a wonderful Christian Lady who was also my Mother figure ..She (Granny) taught me all that is Wonderful In this World...~~HUGS~~ Happy Mothers Day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad Dougie is home again and hoping there's no more scares of that type again.
    Looks like a great book your friend sent you. I've heard the name Pitcairn mentioned in connection with horse health but unsure if it's the same ones.
    The wood floor will look wonderful when it's totally exposed and I'll be waiting to see if you process those yummy blackberries into jam or pie...if there's any left :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The floor is beautiful. I wish our floors were hardwood underneath the carpet.

    The magnolia tree is beautiful. I wish I could send you some of the rain we're getting. We had one full day of no rain yesterday for the first time in weeks and then it rained again last night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what beautiful floors you had hiding under there! Well done...wish my wild hairs were half that productive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Becky! Nice of you to stop by again.

    We've got lovely floorboards hiding under our carpet and we've been dying to get it pulled up for ages. When you're done doing yours, can you come and do ours? LOL

    How lovely to be coming into Spring. I love spring. Unfortunately (or not so unfortunately because we live in a pretty good all year round climate) we're coming into winter. At least there's no humidity around at the moment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...