Search This Blog

Saturday, May 14, 2011

A "little" garlic

OK! So Scott decided to harvest the very first hard necked garlic... are you ready?.............................................

A single bulb of garlic - nearly the size of a soft ball.

Happy Garlic Farmer holding soft neck garlic in his right hand and one single hard neck garlic in his left hand.

Soft neck garlic is what you find in the produce section at the grocery store and hard neck is more of a gourmet variety. To say Scott is thrilled is quite an understatement to his face in the above photo. He came in and said... "GRAB THE CAMERA! You gotta see this garlic!"
























5 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful head of garlic. I'm excited about planting some this fall for harvesting next spring. I'll be sending you package of hen and chicks this week. I'll email you the day I mail them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY Golly! No wonder your DH was excited! Thanks for sharing the photo's!
    ~~HUGS~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. He should be pleased with a head of garlic that size! I think he has the green thumb with those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why do I suddenly feel a craving for mashed potatoes with roasted garlic? ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is am impressive garlic right there! I hope ours are even somewhat close to that size! (Oh, how I love garlic!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...