Search This Blog

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Backyard Clean up and Garlic Harvest

I spent several hours in the backyard this morning; twas out there until about 2 this afternoon. I got the grass all mowed and then about half of it trimmed back from Jungle. Here are my results...
Back left corner of the yard.
"Chestnut tree sporting it's dread locks"
Magnolia Blooms
Lantana (by hunk of wood) that I need to relocate as it doesn't get enough sun here.
Chestnut "Bloom"
Bernadette aka My little Helper
Under the Chestnut - as you can see we are painting the shed "Georgian Yellow"
Freshly transplanted plants I bought a couple weeks ago.
Scott's AMAZING garlic.

7 comments:

  1. Love the chestnut tree and the magnolia blooms are lovely but I was aghast that you have lantana in your garden as in Australia it's a listed noxious weed and we've lost a few cows over the years to lantana poisoning. All comes down to what climate you live in I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH WOW! Here it is in nearly everyone's garden's as it attracts the most amazing butterflies as well as Hummingbirds to your yard. It just blooms and blooms and stays beautiful for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you put in a good days work. Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Magnolia blooms. I'd always heard they wouldn't grow this far north.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your yard. You must love sitting out there on a hot summer day in all that glorious shade! We have a town here in Florida named Lantana. It is not a weed here, unlike Brazilian peppers, air potatoes, and kudzu.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a little jealous of that garlic harvest, really like the color you're painting your garden shed, and have a glider just like your white one!

    I don't sew much - 'specially from a pattern, but from time to time use my machine to create pillows, curtains, cushions for our outdoor chairs, etc.

    I "found" you commenting on FlowerLady's blog and decided to drop over and introduce myself!

    Have a pleasant weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...