Search This Blog

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Reminiscing

I was reading a blog the other day and she was writing about her memories of places from her past so I thought I would go through some old photos and see what I could come up with for a post of my own. I don't have but one or two of me as a baby and only a few of my early childhood; the rest were left with my Grandmother when I moved South and now it appears they are lost.But here goes.....
1968-1969 Me on the Farm in New York with Katy as a puppy.

Me in my Grandma's "wash tub" - she would put water in it to let me play.

Me - Huge pony tails and belly hanging out in front of Grandma's Dahlias.

Me with Katy again on the lower side of the farm house where I started my life.

Me and Katy again with the "garage" in the back ground. The building behind the garage is the old "carriage" shed where we stored straw for bedding in the loft and equipment below.

"Flower Room" on the front of the Farm House. I had my "doll hospital" in there where I would take my sick dolls and care for them.

1978 - A little snow! Something I rarely see here in the South.

1978 more snow.
I don't know the dates on most of these pictures as it wasn't written on the backs but I'm pretty sure they were all in the 1970's.

3 comments:

  1. Great photos the ones about your Grandma are special. It is fun going back and looking at old photos and remembering. b

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love looking at old photos and remembering special times. Hey the one with your belly showing would be right in style to day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your memories...it made me remember alot of really wonderful things about my own childhood! I am so glad you shared!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...