Search This Blog

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Carpet Ripper aka Dog Finder... that's me

Yesterday I worked 3 AM to 9 AM and then I came home and started ripping the carpet up in the hallway. The floors in there look pretty good so we are thinking it won't need much work at all to look like new. I will clean them up good and then we may put some fresh clear coat down.


 By the time I got the last few staples and tack strips up out of the linen closet I was exhausted and Rachel arrived so I called it quits and she and I sat and watched Divorce Court until Greg got home. When Scott arrived home he and I went to Sub Station II and split a large sub. And after that we decided to drive down to the boat landing to see how many people were out in boats last evening; something made me decide to drive down to the entrance to the Guignard clay pits and we found this.......

YES! She is adorable and I just could not leave her down there knowing that there is a 12 to 15 foot alligator that lives in the clay pits so we brought her home. She is obviously used to being indoors. I have called the Animal Control Officers to come and get her as we can't afford anymore pets and someone has to be looking for her and we felt they would be more likely to call them before looking for an ad placed on Craigslist. I had to leave a message and I am thinking I won't hear anything until Monday - I was hoping that they would come right out and pick her up - I don't want to get attached to her.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, look at that sweet face. Wish I lived within driving distance, I'd adopt her if no one claimed her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is the sweetest little girl. We just can't take her in right now at all - 3 pets is enough. She is such a little sweetie - I wish they'd come pick her up as the longer it takes them the harder it's going to be to let her go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky, Oh how this brought back memories of taking our then samll children downtown to see all the Christmas Decoration, There was the most beautiful Golden Cocker Spaniel dog that kept following us, when we arrived back at our car and proceeded to get the children in the car...the dog jumped inside with kids and would NOT get out...The poor doogy had been outside for way to long as the paws were ice laden and it just had to have hurt..anyway...long story short we brought the dog home, and called our local radio station...eventually the owner came and got "Star"...still have not forgotten it's name:)
    ~~HUGS~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. She must have a home as she looks relaxed and happy to be around people. Glad you grabbed her before she became an alligator snack!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...