Search This Blog

Friday, May 06, 2011

Enjoyable Read and a few bits from the yard....

Heather over at http://heathersblog-o-rama.blogspot.com/ introduced me to a perfectly lovely magazine and I have been thoroughly enjoying this copy. I'm thinking I may have to make the Blueberry French Toast Casserole thats on page 68; along with some of the Blueberry Sauce and take it into work one morning. It looks delicious! There is so many fun things to read throughout the entire magazine. If you want to "try" a copy I know the Tractor Supply had it on the shelf here.



 The garlic is such a joy for us at every stage. Scott likes to let a few go onto flower just so we can watch them open. I thought this looked a lot like a birds beak opening up.



The Easter Lilies may eventually put on a real show for us.... stay tuned!

And here is a bloom on the Pyracanthas at the corner of the house.
 Not nearly as pretty as the bright red berries it shows off in the winter months but still pretty to look at. Scott is talking about mowing the lawn tomorrow so perhaps I will get out there and trim a little on some bushes.

And once the lawn is taken care of perhaps we will get to the Antique Mall before it closes. I still have a ways to go on the doily I started as well but I'm just too tired to work on it tonight - it would end up a mess for sure.

3 comments:

  1. The garlic blossom is very pretty. I've been reading up on how to prepare a bed for garlic. My garlic bed will be tiny compared to yours but it will be a start.

    I know what you mean about crocheting on the doily. I can't crochet when I'm tired or I end up taking all the stitches out and starting over.

    Have a good weekend and happy Mother's day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that magazine! i should subscribe but i end up buying it at the bookstore. i need to get the newest issue, it looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can also join the FarmGirl Sisterhood through MaryJane's website. It's kind of like Girl Scouts for grown up girls. You join or create chapters called Henhouses and you work at earning your merit badges in a variety of categories and levels. I've been considering it for a while. I'll probably join sometime this summer.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! Regarding watermelon...funny you should mention the compost pile as a growing location. The only reason I even considered trying to grow watermelon at all is because last year we found both watermelon and canteloupe volunteering in our compost pile. Each beared only one fruit, and neither fruit got any bigger than the size of a baseball but, but...THERE WAS WATERMELON AND CANTELOUPE growing HERE, in our rainy Seattle area garden!! I thought maybe if I gave it a headstart inside and the conditions were prime this year (fat chance), then...maybe I'd get lucky? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...