Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Skirt Progress and Mother's Day


I have the skirt all cut out for the sew-a-long on the Simplicity Facebook page; perhaps today I will get the stay stitching put in and a little of the sewing done as well; it all depends on what time I get off from work and how tired I am when I get here.
I did this on Sunday afternoon and had really hoped to get a bit of the sewing done then; ah well. There is always Thursday since the Magistrates office called and canceled my Jury duty. Most people cringe when they are called for Jury duty but I enjoy it and the process of it. Maybe next time. Most times I'm cast off though because of my Criminal Justice degree; I think the Defence teams think it's a detriment to their clients.

Yesterday I started a light pink doily for Scott's Mom for Mother's day. I hope that she will like it. I figure she can use it in one of her bedroomsl she has two that have pink in the wall paper.
I have the dish cloth for the dish cloth swap all ready to mail tomorrow. My partner lives in Canada and I am hoping she will like the one that I made. I'm kinda wishing that I had made one in brighter colors so she'd have something more cheerful in her kitchen. Maybe next time.

It's 4 AM and I need to get dressed and ready to head on out the door. I hope that everyone has a lovely Tuesday.

3 comments:

  1. I love the colors in the material you chose for the skirt. I never stay stitch anything, just jump in and sew it together. Maybe that's why mine doesn't turn out so well sometimes. :(

    I'm sure Scott's mother will love the pink doily. I know I would. I love handmade items but can't see to crochet with the tiny thread now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent part of yesterday searching for a simple summer skirt...found nothing:-( I think I'm going to look at patterns today and see about making one. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that shade of pink! I am sure the doily will be gorgeous, just like the one you sent me! PS My husband loved jury duty, too, but last time he had to pass on it as he is very hard of hearing now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...