Search This Blog

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Plants are ON MY MIND

It's that time again.... On My Mind Time with Rhonda and the rest of the blogger's that participate in this weekly feature at Down to Earth

The plants that I bought last Saturday at the new State Farmer's Market are still waiting to be planted. I could have done it yesterday since I had taken the day off for our 26th wedding anniversary but I decided to have a "shredding day" and I shred old papers ALL DAY! Amazing how much builds up when you are working yourself to death for a Company. It actually made me feel GREAT! A lot less paper clutter and it definitely helped make the front room look a lot better.

Three new plants and the Easter Lily that we are still waiting to bloom.
Sunday Scott wanted to take the used oil to the recycling station but they didn't open until 3 on Sunday so we did a little driving and looking about. Down a frontage road we came across a beautiful fushia pink wild rose and I said - "Gosh I'd love to have a piece of that"... so Scott drives back to the house and we grab a shovel. This rose was growing on vacant property out into the right a way in a ditch so we just dug a couple small clumps out of the ditch and brought them home. I planted one next to the mailbox and the other next to the neighbors fence on the right side our house. The one by the mailbox is not looking too good but is still green so I keep giving it water and am hoping for the best. The lady across the street came over and told me I needed to put some rotten bananas or a chopped up banana peel around it and that would help it - I may give that a try.
Wild Rose hanging on by a thread.
And the final thing was Carrolyn's UGLY fabric arrived and now I have to pair it up with some other fabrics and turn it into something she will drool over. I called Scott in for re-enforcements as he is a color wizard and can match up colors in ways I've never even thought about. Can I say again how happy I am he is MY husband.
I came across this in my Picasa Album and thought it was hilarious... still don't have a clue how it got there but I have to share:





"This is a Friday photo feature that anyone with a blog can join. It opens the door to us sharing our lives through these photos and gives us all a new way to discover each other, and maybe form new friendships. Your photo should show something at home that you're thinking about TODAY. If you're in another country you should join in when you read this, even if it's still Thursday."

"To take part, all you have to do is post a photo, write a short caption explaining it, and link it back to here. Please write a new post, don't link to an older one. When your photo is published, come back and add a comment below, with a link to your blog photo. Please visit all the blogs that appeal to you and leave a comment. If you are wondering why no one has commented on your On my mind post, maybe it's because you haven't commented on anyone else's. Slow down, take the time to cruise around and enjoy your cyber visits."

3 comments:

  1. Awwwee I have plants that also need planted...and since you shredded ALL those papers I have read shredded paper is a great compost, so put some wet papers over your newly planted free plants and keep the moisture in the ground. when you plant the others just drop a handful of wet shredded paper into hole to keep moisture by roots until the plant takes off:)
    ~~HUGS~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary Becky and Scott, and many more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary!
    Your neighbour has the right idea as bananas are full of potassium which everything needs to make new cells and grow. Wouldn't hurt to ph test the soil either as the soil may be too acidic/alkaline for roses. Horse or cow manure is much appreciated by roses if you can obtain some.
    Interesting ugly fabric. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...