Search This Blog

Monday, August 01, 2011

A New Week has begun

I got up 30 minutes earlier this morning in the hopes I would have 30 minutes to write a blog post before I start my day. The roads are wet this morning so they will be a bit more dangerous to travel. I am hoping I won't have BMW's passing me at 90 MPH this morning. I'm thankful Scott insisted on my getting a car that was safer to travel in and don't mind one bit that our son's friends call it a "grand-mama's car".  It gets me to work and back safely and comfortably and when we travel it's the one we choose to take because of it's comfort level. No sore aching backs after hours in the car.

I am hoping that this week holds something wonderful for Scott and a new job will appear for him. He needs to work and fix things; he is so good at fixing things... ANYTHING really. He has always reminded me of the children's book "Timothy Tinker and his Oil Can" where the boy goes all around town fixing things with his oil can and making people happy.

When I get back home today I am planning to plant some things in our garden and do a bit of weeding IF it's not raining. I've got to get more organic matter into those raised beds so that we are producing MORE of our own vegetables as the prices in the stores are so unbelievable. I would also love it if we could capture rain water to water the garden as the city water is so bad for growing vegetables. In time perhaps we will have a way of doing that.

Our forecast for today.....

TODAY
PARTLY SUNNY. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS THIS AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 90S. NORTHEAST
WINDS AROUND 5 MPH. CHANCE OF RAIN 20 PERCENT.
     
TONIGHT
PARTLY CLOUDY IN THE EVENING
THEN BECOMING MOSTLY
CLEAR. LOWS IN THE MID 70S. SOUTHEAST WINDS AROUND 5 MPH

I'm thankful for the cooler temps to start this week. I can hardly believe that it's the first of August... in 23 days Greg will turn 25 years old. Where has the time gone?! Wasn't it just yesterday that we were bringing him home from the hospital and so thankful that he had been released to come home after spending 7 days there without me as he had jaundice. Those were 7 of the longest days for me and the hospital didn't make them easy either. It's one of the reasons we only have one child - I never wanted that experience again.

Time to get on the road... I hope everyone has a wonderful day and week.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you had a safe trip to work. I drive a grandma's car too. It's paid for and gets me where I want to go safely. That's all that's important.

    It is finally cooler here this morning too. Maybe the horrile heat is finally gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got out of our neighborhood and was heading for I-26 West but ended up having to make a u-turn as there was a REALLY bad wreck in front of the next neighborhood. The entire 4 lanes were blocked off so I had to flip around and go over to Airport Boulevard to catch 26. It was still semi-closed when I came back home at 11 luckily I had gotten off at Airport and cut across "just in case". It had to have been pretty bad as ALL the local police cruisers that were on duty were there as well as several ambulances. I also saw on !-26 where a section of guard rail had been crumbled up on itself sometime during the night; people just won't slow down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have more in common then living just around the corner...my son turned 25 yesterday and it does seem like I was tending to his jaundice as well. We only had to stay an extra 2 days but it seemed longer. Can hardly believe he is a man and no longer Mama's little boy. I miss that little boy as I bet you do!

    My Brad is in the AF in NJ so don't get to see him daily but we talk often.

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...