Search This Blog

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Columbia Canal - Part Two

Sorry for the delay - HAD to take a nap!

The Diversion Damn on the Broad River
 This was absolutely AMAZING! And you can tell why it was named the Broad River... it is REALLY wide!
 To the right is where the water diverts into the canal from the Broad River!
The old "locks"
 The gears and pulleys are all still in place but quite rusted.
 There were rest rooms here by the locks to represent the old canal  monitor's homes. I would have LOVED that job.
Rest Rooms

The Mechanics of it all.


SNEAKY SCOTT! Took my picture as I was returning from the rest room.
 On the way back we decided to walk in a bit more shade down on the lower trail closer to the river and it was lovely down in there. But drats the camera battery was trying to fade out so we only got this one neat picture of this neat gnarl in a dead tree.
I hope you all have enjoyed this weekends adventure!

2 comments:

  1. Becky,

    Thanks for sharing those pictures...I have not been walking there in over a year and forgot how pretty the walk is...I need to get back there. Thanks for reminding me of all the great outdoor spaces we have to enjoy in the Midlands!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sharing your adventures. I love the pics. B

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...