Search This Blog

Friday, August 19, 2011

Sixteen Seams X Five

Thats all I have left to do on these Autograph blocks - 16 seams times 5 and I can drop them in their envelopes and get them in the mail. YEAH! Of course one is mine so it will stay with me but the rest will be on their way.

Then the only swap items on my plate will be the current Round Robin's; I don't have any here at the moment so that means I can work on two very special little boy's birthday presents. More on those later.

Scott has had two very awesome interviews and we are hoping and praying that one leads to a job for him! "Finger's toes and eyes crossed" as a friend recently said. AND it will be closer for him to drive from our 10 acres than it would be from here so that is some good news - perhaps we will finally get moved up there. It's all so exciting - he is on the phone with the hiring manager right now. YEAH!!!! Trying hard NOT to get too excited!

On Wednesday I decided to try to stay awake until at least noon to see if I could get some better sleep; so I went with Scott to the Riverwalk. I didn't make it too far and decided to sit by the Railroad trestles while he went on his regular walk/run. It was so nice to just site and watch the river go by sitting on that observation deck. When he came back through we walked together back to the car. I didn't think I was going to make it - got extremely sick to my stomach and thought I'd loose my breakfast; Scott was about ready to go get the car and drive it in as far as he could on the walk to get me but I told him I'd be fine if I just stopped and rested a bit along the way. BOY was I glad to get back to the car. Bright note was the above bloom on one of my Rose of Sharon that grows along our driveway. And these lovelies along the walkway...




I take some pretty good picture's eh?

4 comments:

  1. Those quilt blocks are lovely! and you will be so happy to complete them and go on to other things. At least, i would be. Completing projects is always an upper with me!
    i hope you are feeling better! It is no fun to suddenly fall ill when away from home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling better, Becky. I too worked on my star blocks today. I am fighting kidney stones right now which threw me out of kilter and has sapped all my energy. I am sooooo far behind but try to do a little every day. So hopeful that this new job will work for Scott and you. I know your pain.
    Carrolyn in Newport

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're feeling better Becky! Yes your photos are great; love the tree with the 'friendly face'!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope Scott gets the job he wants and it works out for you to be able to move to your acreage. Will you sell the house you're living in now?

    It sounds like you had a touch of sunstroke. I have to be really careful of getting overheated when I'm working or walking outside in the heat. Hope you're feeling much better now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...