Search This Blog

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Walking by the River once again...

Today Scott and I and Jane (Sister-in-law) walked along the Rivewalk together. The temperature was wonderful and there was a slight breeze which made it a most enjoyable walk and we got to see some lovely creatures....
A Velvet Ant - which is actually a wasp that packs a potent sting! DON'T TOUCH!

And we saw some of my favorite theme - FUNGI!

  








There were signs at nearly every turn that there are Beaver's present along the river.

All in all it was a wonderful walk!





5 comments:

  1. Thank You for allowing us to share your river walk..nature is so interesting!
    ~~HUGS~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. The river seems to be one of your favorite spots to get outdoor exercise. I can certainly see why. Great picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not walked the Riverwalk in years, I need to take the drive to do so...you made it look so relaxing. Nothing cures a tired sole then a nature walk. Thanks for sharing!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny, I'd never seen a velvet ant before but this past weekend when we visited my nephew he showed us one in his backyard. He said it has a vicious sting...Now I see one on your blog! I learn something new everyday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...