Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Had to see it for Myself!

Tonight we decided to drive about a bit and check out our surroundings; I wanted to see that fungi for myself. It was still there but a bit further along in it's life cycle. I love the bands of color that I captured in this photo.

I also spotted this group of fungi on a dead tree that I thought looked pretty amazing. Kinda like an apartment building for fairies.


We sat by the river for awhile watching a young man playing with his dog in the rocks that have been exposed during this drought. And we got to watch the geese fly past us to the sand bar where they spend the night.

Here we are being silly while having fun together...

I spotted a spider above us as we were heading back to the car. Between the sun setting and the oncoming darkness we weren't able to get any GREAT pictures but between the two of us we captured the spider as well as her really cool web. (web shots by Scott)



Scott hasn't heard a word about the job but he keeps applying for more... one has to work out eventually. Thank you all for your prayers and supportive words - it all means so much to us.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely photos of the 2 of you together having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With Scott's talent in repairing small engines is he able to make some extra money by doing that? I know it's not easy to find someone that will work on lawn mowers, garden tillers etc., especially in small towns.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...