Search This Blog

Friday, August 19, 2011

A walk to calm myself...

A friend of Greg's gave him a motorcycle - I HATE THEM! And have told Greg many times that I wish he'd NEVER get one - but he couldn't refuse the gift. I'm not happy about it at all and will probably never think it's a good idea. Enough on that... don't want to get myself all upset again.

Scott and I went for a walk along the river to help calm my nerves... it worked!

We saw a Great Horned Owl but weren't able to get it's picture. It was HUGE! Nearly 3 foot tall. Maybe next time I will be able to capture a photo.

What I was able to photograph....
Blue Heron

River Trestles

The power of water

Remnant of the Brickworks

Yellow Dragon Fly

Goose Feather on rocks

Geese settling in for a feed

BIG Fish!... well part of him at least

Coming in for a landing

More Geese in flight

I could sit and watch them for hours

Do you see the white goose?

6 comments:

  1. You're so observant Becky, seeing what others probably miss. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures as always, Becky. I understand how you feel, too. I went through the same thing with my husband -- all you can do is pray for his safety.

    The power of God's creation to soothe and calm our nerves is such a precious gift -- and it's free!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures are always beautiful. The river seems to draw you there, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I did see the white goose. I love this I feel much more relaxed after seeing your lovely photos it was like I was with you. Thank you. B

    ReplyDelete
  5. gotta love a walk that brings back your peace! thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becky, I agree with the owning a motorcycle...gift or not..that is why my husbands cat is named "Harley" I said well atleast you can say you own one!!! true story cause owning a motorcycle has caused many "talks" in this house too...
    Love your photo's!!
    Peace & Love
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...