Search This Blog

Monday, August 01, 2011

Rose of Sharons


I noticed these 6 blooms when I came home from work at lunch time and had to get a photo of them.

SO LOVELY!

I received these Rose of Sharon's in a plant swap years ago on-line; so far the ones that I have had open have been either white of purple. I need to trim the bushes beside them as they are loosing their sphere shapes. I started those bushes from cutting's. So I do occasionally get lucky with rooting plants but it's not often.... perhaps I need more practice is all.

3 comments:

  1. Those are so lovely! Hooray for you and your green thumb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a lot depends on the time of year you try to start cuttings. Your Rose of Sharon looks great. I have some old seed I'm going to try to start. Don't know if they'll come up but it can't hurt to try.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...