Search This Blog

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Several hours and nearly a dozen bags later...




I spent several hours in the back yard today cleaning up debris from the chestnut tree in the back yard. It looks so nice now. I would like to plant some pansies underneath this tree but I know that Amelia would not leave them alone. It's been awhile since I've done much work at all on the yard and it looks it. I sometimes feel like I'm awakening from some dream thats kept me hostage from doing all the things I so enjoy - sewing, gardening, reading, scrap booking and the like. It feels so good to be tired tonight. Next I will clean up under the Magnolia tree - they're pretty but what a mess they make. After I've cleaned up underneath that I plan on refurbishing the raised bed garden with several new raised beds this year. I've put together an order for Gurney's as they were offering $25 in free goods when you order $25 worth of merchandise. I've ordered squash (both summer and winter varieties), cucumbers, bell peppers, tomatoes and some other items. I'm hoping to have a real nice garden this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...