Search This Blog

Friday, May 18, 2012

Perhaps Sunday Morning

I really don't think our yard looks THAT overgrown - do you?

8 PM May 18 - maybe it will clear off.
 I'm hoping to be able to mow our lawn Sunday morning; but the forecast still says a "slight chance of rain" I just need it to stay clear and dry enough that I can safely mow this lawn before the self appointed lawn Nazi turns us in again.... sorry but I am more than a little peeved at her... she needs something to do that's for sure.

Made chicken soup tonight using the left over roast chicken from a couple days ago. I love using my leftovers up. And we will get another meal from this soup; maybe more.

Tomorrow Scott and I will be attending a workshop on using GIMP (a photo editing program). I'm hoping to learn a lot so that I can get more creative with my photos and in turn this blog. It'll be so nice to do something together.
Scotts' watermelon
After dinner we went out to check on the garden. The tomatoes, peppers and pumpkins are still looking a bit shocked and we are hoping at least some survive to produce. I've lost a couple tomatoes all ready and something chewed chunks out of one of the peppers. I guess we will see how they do once they get a little sunshine. The watermelon that Scott direct sewed the seeds is doing very well; it loves the rain.

? Mushroom
As we were walking around the yard I discovered a little mushroom near our mailbox. It has a purple edging around it's top - time to pull out those books Scott gave me for Christmas.

I've got quite the list of crafting projects in the works and will be sharing them soon. And we are getting closer to that 1000 visitor mark so I need to get some things made for that... stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I would hate living anywhere with someone who is some kind of self-appointed patrol just waiting to pounce on others for the smallest infraction and turn them in to a bunch of people who have nothing better to do than lay down phony laws and rules. SHEESH! Like you said, they need to get a life.

    Have a great weekend anyway.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope! Definately nothing wrong with you yard. Maybe 'they' would like to mow your lawns for you. Makes me grateful that I don't have any neighbours. I like living alone. Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...