Search This Blog

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

I hope that everyone is enjoying their Memorial Day weekend. My next post will be "THE GIVE-A-WAY"... stay tuned for that and become a Follower as only a Follower can enter to win the fun stuff so don't wait click on the "JOIN THIS SITE" button and add your happy face to the list. All items in the give-a-way will be hand crafted by me, myself and I alone.

Homegrown Potatoes
We are between pay periods so it's our "lean week" and I'm having to get creative with meals. I am ever so thankful for our little garden that I am planning to add more to tomorrow. I went out this morning and dug the potatoes since their tops had turned yellow. I was able to collect about 5 pounds of gorgeous organic goodness. These will be part of our evening meal.

I also have some onion rolls rising and will be filling the house with their awesome fragrance in just a few moments. Scott says they all ready smelled delicious when he came into the kitchen as I was forming them into rolls. The dough felt wonderful too so I am thinking that they will taste extra good as well. We are totally out of bread but as long as I have the basic ingredients it's all good as I know how to make most any bread items and should do it more often and cut out all the chemically stuff they add in the commercial breads.

Handy Chick
Sometimes when we are creating we have to utilize what is at hand. So when I was creating some stick pins I was trying to figure out someplace to put them so that they would be upside down while the glue set and there was this little chick on the table so he was put to work... kinda looks like a chick voodoo doll doesn't it?

Well I better get back to creating!

3 comments:

  1. Have A Happy Weekend!
    You had me at freshly dug potato's! Oh how we love those!
    ~~HUGS~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those potatoes look great. I too want to make more homemade bread. This past week I used my bread machine for a loaf of oatmeal bread, then I made a quick loaf of banana bread, both are almost gone.

      Whoever wins your give-away sounds like they will be getting some handmade goodies. I look forward to seeing what all you have created and who knows, I just might be the winner.

      Have a great holiday weekend ~ FlowerLady

      Delete
  2. I love harvesting potatoes perhaps most of all. It is like a treasure hunt! A yummy treasure hunt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...