Search This Blog

Sunday, May 06, 2012

I need my BLIPPIN head examined

I got a wild notion into my head today that I was going to get ALL my hobbies back INTO my Hobby Room (the second bedroom in our house)... yeah sure. I know my fabric stash will remain out in the "bonus room" with Scotts' Antique Radios but I want to get work areas set up in my "Hobby Room" for each hobby - sewing, quilting, scrap-booking/paper crafting, etc... Knitting and crocheting projects will live in a basket that can easily move around the house with me but the "yarn stash" will also live out in the "bonus room". I just want my hobbies to stop taking over the entire house when I have a designated room/rooms. Wish me luck; here is the MESS I made today...

Give me the week and I will post the NEW AND IMPROVED layout next weekend. The bottom picture is of my "scrap-booking" table BACK in the Hobby Room. The little bookshelf has some magazine on it that I will be finding a new home for as that bookcase will be part of my "scrapping" area. The grey shelf to the right holds my sewing patterns and quilting cottons (calicos).

Now for something AMAZING!!!!!
SCOTT'S GARLIC HARVEST! It is truly a sight to behold!
Scott surveying his harvest
He will let it dry completely with the stalks intact to retain the flavor. He has the ceiling fan going on the porch to keep air circulating around the garlic as it dries. Of course the silly dogs had to get in the photos as well... goofy kids - that is what they are.

This week I will be getting the tomatoes and pumpkins set out into the garden since I now have plenty of room to plant them. I also want to plant a salad mix and some herbs. BUSY week between the garden and my room.
Tomatoes, pumpkins and peppers
The little pots we made from newspaper really worked very well and we will definitely make them again - saved us a fortune on peat pots. 

It's been such a wonderful weekend I hate for it to end. Even if Scott and I haven't felt 100% today we've still made the most of it and had a good time together - isn't that what life is all about?

Scott is in the kitchen cleaning it up for me - isn't he AWESOME? I made a HUGE batch of Chicken Chow Mein thinking we'd have a bunch of leftovers for lunches tomorrow but I forgot Greg is home... there was enough left for Scott to have a lunch for work. HA HA.

I'm listening to my "The London Philharmonic Orchestra - World's Greatest Melodies" CD... so beautiful and relaxing.Mendelssohn "On Wings of Song" is currently playing... lovely.. next up Chopin's - Fantasie Impromptu". I love this CD for winding down and preparing for sleep but I will also listen to it when I am sewing. For cleaning house FAST... it's PRINCE all the way. HA HA!

Goodnight~


2 comments:

  1. Unbelievable garlic. Are you going to plait them? Good luck with the room reorganisation. You be surprised what you find while doing it. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've certainly had a productive weekend at your place Becky :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...