Search This Blog

Saturday, May 05, 2012

Happy Cinco De Mayo ... ya' ALL

It's Cinco de Mayo so I decided to try Chef John's recipe for salsa. Of course I am using what I have on hand so have made substitutions. Don't have the peppers it calls for but I did have a bell pepper and dried crushed red peppers. I left the mint out as my mint isn't too prolific yet and I didn't want to cut the few leaves I have out there in that raised bed. But it still looks really good to me; what do you all think?
Chef john's Salsa
I've put it in the refrigerator to chill for lunch. We will have it with sandwiches. I just don't feel up to making anything like stuffed Enchilda's today. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...