Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Thank-You U.S.Navy


Why I am so glad the U.S. Navy is part of our family...


Facebook message from our son:


"Why I am proud to be a seabee. Today we were doing some field training. We have sensitive gear that must be secured during a storm. A few minutes in a huge tropical storm comes in roaring with thunder, lightning, heavy winds, and a ton of rain. The call was made to get all the gear out of the rain. While my 2 counterparts to my team were trying to figure out what to do i grabbed all the sensitive gear and ran it to a safe area. I did multiple trips while lightning was getting closer and closer. I am sore, wore out, soaked, and my blood is pumping after everything was secure. When i got into my classroom soaked to the bone and out of breath. I looked at my shipmates and said with my war voice "HOORAH SEABEES!" "HOORAH!" they responded. I love these moments! I live for those moments!"

 "After i was finished with my gear i helped others. It was an amazing experience! I would do it again any day."

The Navy has helped Greg find his Adult self... I love positive messages like these. I love when you can "hear" the pride and self assurance in his voice/message. He is completing his 2 weeks Active Duty Training and will be home Saturday. Messages like the one above make us wish he could go full-time for the rest of his Enlistment. And he so loves to travel and has enjoyed several trips into New Orleans while he has been down there. He always seeks out the unusual; here he is with a Mime that he actually had a wonderful conversation with the first Sunday he was down there.


1 comment:

  1. Oh Becky your Greg is certainly a MAN now and you should be very proud. B

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...