Search This Blog

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Writing it all down

I've begun keeping a food journal and monitoring my calories and carbs to try to get my sugar levels to even out and get back to "normal". I've been "ignoring" my diet and my sugar levels were way too high and I was tired all the time. I'm on my fourth day of doing this and have brought my morning fasting down by 21 points and I have found my energy level going up just by "mindful eating". I'm on no medication now and would like to get this under control without any. I wasn't really given a choice in the beginning - just handed a prescription.  I hate taking medications and avoid them like the plague if at all possible. I don't want to become one of those people with two gallon sized bags of meds that have to be dragged with them to every doctor they visit. I just wasn't raised like that.

Next up will be increased exercise and perhaps a return to the gym that I have a membership to but have not utilized in some time. I will not renew my membership but will find free and easy things to do at home once the membership expires - I'm not impressed with the staff at all at this gym - the main reason I have not gone.

I'll post again later today as it is now time for me to get ready for work.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you, Becky. That is awesome and I really admire your take charge, I can do it myself attitude towards your health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky. there is an online site called "loseit" I use to count calories, but maybe you could use it to calculate sugar intake?
    ~~HUGS~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate to keeping sugar levels even. I check mine at least four times a day, although they're well controlled. I do break out and eat something I shouldn't occasionally. Then I need a nana nap afterwards.
    But most of the time I keep a close watch on my carb intake. Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...