Search This Blog

Thursday, April 12, 2012

WOW! SPLASH of Color

Peach - bearded iris
White rose
Pretty pink primrose



Old Tyme red rose
It has been an absolutely beautiful day here in South Carolina. Only in the 60's and the sun is shining; you only need a sweater if you are sitting in the shade. After lunch I stepped in the backyard to pet the dogs and saw the above bearded iris - isn't it amazing? I HAD to come back in for the camera after taking a few pictures of it I decided to look around the rest of the yard to see if anything else was in bloom and boy oh boy it sure is. I need to spend several hours just cleaning out flower beds and re-mulching.  Perhaps that is a task I will accomplish this weekend while Scott attends a class to get his Certification as a Quality Engineer. He will take the exam in June - fingers and toes crossed that he passes on his first try as it is quite expensive to take the exam.  I guess we will see.

So I will be on my own Saturday... hmmmmmm... sounds like a great lawn and sewing day. Perhaps I will cut out a couple sundresses for myself and sew them up on Saturday.

I am missing our freezer SO BAD! I think we may go and buy one on Sunday. I'm hoping for a GREAT sale on one. I just don't have anyway to store meats, cheese, etc. when it's on a super sale. Right now the little freezer on the bottom of the refrigerator is slam full... absolutely nothing more will go in there. And I will need to cook a couple things tonight that I pulled to make room for the deals I got today at Bi-Lo.
Yellow bearded iris
A late blooming azalea
Spiderwort



A painted lady feeding on a dandelion.
Potatoes

I'm looking forward to the weekend and will have lots to post about I'm sure. So.... stand by. :)

1 comment:

  1. Your flower photos are just so beautiful Becky! Hope all goes well for Scott this weekend and that you are also able to nab a great bargain at a store that sells freezers :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...