Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Pleasant mistake

Yesterday after work I decided to make up one of the little gift bags. I was skimming the instructions and some how made the mistake of measuring a 2 1/2" square out of each corner instead of the 1 1/2" it actually said to cut out. When I realized what I had done there was no going back, so onward I went. I still need to add a button but I am toying with the idea of using a jingle bell for the button - they are Christmas bags after all. I will follow the instructions to the letter on the next one and will post a side by side comparison photo so you can see the difference that added 1" cut out causes. I AM thinking some cotton cording pulled through the handles would make them better... that's me never happy with the way things are written... always have to find improvements.

I was asked to go in later today and will only be working 4 hours and then back home. I will be helping with unloading the semi today and sorting the load for tomorrow. Then tomorrow will be truck processing and then home for the weekend... another 3 day weekend. If it will stay sunny my plan is to clean up the front yard so it's more presentable. For the most part my focus has been the back yard where the dogs live and our vegetable garden is located. I'm sure the neighbors will start complaining if I don't do something about out front. I would still love to turn the whole lot into an edible garden with little grass to mow.


1 comment:

  1. It is so nice when mistakes turn out like that! I'd have never known.

    Thanks so much for the garlic! I cannot wait to eat it!

    Matt was quizzing me about your garlic growing because your harvest is much earlier than ours would be. When do you plant? Does it overwinter?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...