Search This Blog

Sunday, April 29, 2012

WHEW! I beat my own fanny!

I AM EXHAUSTED and sore all over.I worked 5 hours out in the yard today and boy am I feeling it head to toe. Both the front and the back lawns have been mowed as well as the front yard of the house next door that is for sale. When I finally called it quits about 3 PM I had a good laugh over my feet when I took my sneakers and socks off. When I work in the yard I MEAN IT! Can't you tell from this photo of my feet before shower...

SERIOUSLY... I get INTO it! My sneakers went straight into the washing machine as I need them for work in the morning - I'm hoping they will be dry by then.

Of course while out there I saw a LOT more that needs doing but I just don't have an ounce of energy for any more physical activity and am happy as a clam to be sitting in front of my computer til bedtime which will be SOON.

This morning I opened some windows and could hear the Mississippi Kite's sounding off and I saw them flying over so I grabbed my camera and tried to get a few pictures but they are so swift that I only manage a couple and they aren't the best. The birds just looked like they were having so much fun sailing through the sky. They really are quite beautiful - sort of a blue gray with white stripes on their wings.
There was a mocking bird chasing them about as I guess it feels they are a threat to her young. And I believe the mocking bird became angry that I was oohing and ahing so over the Kites that she had to come and land in the top of the tree just outside my front door to give me a stern talking to... all I did was take her picture. I don't think she liked that as she flew off when I tried for a second photo. Birds are so much fun to watch and have so much character. Scott and I both love watching them.

Tomorrow it's back to work and lucky me - tomorrow I get to shift the wedding department all around... AGAIN! We just did it not long ago and 3 of us have just 5 hours to do it ALL. I sure hope I'm not as sore as I am right now. Time for some Aleve or Advil... whatever is in the cabinet will HAVE to work. I'm REALLY hoping it's just minor switches and simple label changes and not complete section break downs and rebuilds. KNOCK ON WOOD!

After work tomorrow I have to get some iris planted back out along the garage. I dug them up from out front where we had let some flower beds return to lawn and I want to get them replanted before they dry out. I brought them into the bonus room for the night - hoping I didn't bring in any lizards. I also saw a volunteer Zinnia that has come up next to the compost bins that I want to plant along the garage as well. The narrow bed along the garage will be nothing but flowers as I want a splash of color to draw bees to the garden to help pollinate our vegetables. Hopefully the neighbors won't poison the air so much they kill off the bees. I wish people would understand that we NEED the bees to eat... they are the pollinators that help the plants produce the "fruit" that we eat. Bugs may be annoying but they are truly NEEDED by us or other beneficial creatures on this planet for food.

OK OK... I'll stop the ranting.

Once I get the iris planted I may need a nap. I have some sewing I want to do as well and some fabric cuts that I need to make for swaps.

The little online quilting group I belong to lost a member this weekend - Anne Wintrobe you will be greatly missed. Much love and comforting thoughts are being sent to your family.


2 comments:

  1. Oh Becky Becky where do you get all your energy???? Love the feet. Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...