Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Time on my hands....

Well my shift was cut short an hour again today and tomorrows shift cancelled all together. My pay check is going to be down right pitiful but I will take this time off to catch up on some projects around the house.

Scott just found two snakes in the garden and one had caught a toad and was swallowing it while mating... is this "having your cake and eating it to"? Poor toady! I have so many toads in my yard and it's simply nature for them to find each other in this manner. They were just Garter snakes and won't hurt us so we will let them be.

While I was out there in the garden I decided to take a picture of the "scape soldiers" all lined up - the garlic is nearly ready to harvest and we are going to be getting some HUGE cloves this year. Scott has all ready harvested the soft neck garlic. What is in the picture is a "hard neck" garlic.

I also saw that one of my red roses had 3 lovely blooms so I took a photo of those as well. Tomorrow I will mow the jungle (yard) and perhaps brush and bath the dogs. And clean house; might as well since I will be home all day. I think this is the fewest hours I've had since I started working there a year and a half ago.

I also have pillow cases to finish up so I will stay plenty busy. I hope everyone is having a good week so far. Take care.

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I saw the photo of the snakes and the one eating a toad, talk about multi-tasking...ahem :) :)

    I'm sorry your hours are getting cut. I'm all to familiar with that. I'll pray that God will turn the sudden "free time" into a blessing for you!!!

    Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing what you can get done when you have a full day at home. You can keep your snake ...I have enough of my own here ( posted in my old blog) Shudder...Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a CRAZY photo. What a sight to witness!

    The garlic is amazing....I wish I had some!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't trying to get you to give my some! Just mostly dreaming about the day when I'll have a bed like that of my own!

    Does your garlic last you year round?

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL>>> Scott said for me to ask you if you wanted some. We will be harvesting soon and always give a bunch away. And yes it last until the next harvest for us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh now that is a photo I could live without. Glad you had a productive day. B

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...