Search This Blog

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Paper Crafting and Zendoodling

Yesterday I had a day "home alone" as Scott had to attend his QA class all day yesterday and Greg is still in Mississippi on training duty so I cleaned up my paper crafting area and started work on a gift for a friend.I'll post more about it later after it's complete and she has received it.

I actually opened the ribbon rack that I bought several years ago (that is it at the back of the table); I will fill it up with ribbon that I currently have in boxes. 

 I also pulled out a sketch book and did a bit of "Zen-doodling". I actually used to do this with my cousin Heather in High School. We'd take turns working on the others' picture during class and then switch notebooks when we passed in the hall to our next class. I wish I still had those pictures. It is relaxing and fun to see what my mind can come up with. Drawing and painting have never come easily to me I like to work more 3 dimensional. I guess that is why I enjoy sewing so much - in the end it's a functional object not "just something to look at". Don't get me wrong I LOVE looking at art pieces strictly for the sake that they ARE Art but my hands and mind work better toward the creation of useful objects. I am trying to open up my mind to the more visual forms of art and trying my hand at drawing and painting again. I've even thought about taking the painting class at work since I can take ANY class for FREE I just have to buy the supplies for the class - hence the delay as painting items are expensive.

A "thumbs up" to you all for a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...