Search This Blog

Monday, April 23, 2012

It's Monday Evening

I hope that everyone is having a wonderful new week. The box I found for the pillowcases wasn't quite big enough but I have them loaded into it along with a note telling them I'm part of FNSI, an address label and tape. Tomorrow I will find a little larger box and box it up at the Post Office on the way home from work in the morning. They will get there in plenty of time to meet the deadline of May 11th.

My next project is going to be gift bags. I have two cut out and will sew them together in the morning. They will be small but if they turn out as cute as I think they are going to I will simply enlarge the pattern for larger items. I'm going to use up as much of the Christmas fabric in my stash for gift bags for next Christmas. What would be REALLY neat is if I can also come up with matching gift tags with each person's name on it in some way. I'll have to think on that one.

Perhaps I'll make some smaller bags using the Halloween fabrics for treat bags for next Halloween. We don't get many trick-or-treaters anymore as people would rather go to their churches for "trunk-or-treat". I have a problem with that as we try very hard to have our kids NOT walk up to cars with strangers offering candy. I still enjoy watching the children walking around the neighborhood WITH their children each year. Generally Scott and I dress up as Fred and Wilma. It's always a real hoot to see the kids reactions. Some parents take photos of us in our costumes - simply fun!

In between bags I will sew  sundresses or shorts and tops for myself as I need Summer clothes more now than I did last year. I'm absolutely determined to use up my fabric stash. We need to have it cleared out of the way... I may even donate some to some worthy cause.

I'm planning to make some Mother's Day cards since it's only a few weeks away. Perhaps some of those magical flip cards. I can make two of those.

Our wedding anniversary is also coming up on May 11th - I can hardly believe it's been 27 years. Time flies when you are having fun.

Stay tuned for my Crafty Adventures!

2 comments:

  1. You and me both Becky...trying to use up our fabric stashes! Your wedding anniversary is the same day as my birthday! So wonderful that you'll be celebrating 27 years together :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twenty seven years....I wonder if I'll make it that far with my hubby. You have been busy at the sewing machine. Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...