Search This Blog

Saturday, April 21, 2012

701 CCA - A Day with Art

After dropping our son, Greg off at the Airport this morning for his trip to Gulf Port for his 2 weeks AT ; my friend, Gypsye and I went around town to visit the Art Studios of some of Columbia, SC Artists. It was an AMAZING day. So much to see and experience but I will only share a little so as not to slow your computers to a halt. I didn't take pictures at every studio but there were two that absolutely fascinated me. First was David Cianni ; his "recycled" robots were amazing and his exhibit was set up like Borg tunnels.

For this tour we had to drive all around Columbia to visit Artists in their studios. My nephew, Dougie would have LOVED it. So many beautiful, fun, interesting paintings, sculptures and oddities.

The other Artist that really spoke to me was Richard Lund; His studio was filled with organic "bowl" forms made of air dried clay and wire; then painted with iron oxide paint.  I didn't take any photos because his card contained the piece that I loved the most.

Richard Lund is located in the "Arcade Building" on Main Street in Columbia, South Carolina. I ADORE this old "mall"! It's architecture is so stunning; I believe I took more pictures of the interior of this building than art pieces. But can you blame me?

It was a fun filled day and I was exhausted by the time we got back to my house. I actually was in bed before the sun went down and had to finish this post this morning... I was up at 1 AM.  I may need a nap later today but right now I am WIDE awake.

Today I will be transplanting tomato plants; it won't be long until they will be big enough to put in the garden. And I want to finish the pillow cases... that should pretty much fill my day.








2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...