Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Evenin' Folks

I may have gone into work 2 hours later than I usually do but for some reason working the same 5 1/2 hour shift later in the day just wore me totally out. Couldn't even eat lunch when I got home - went straight to bed for a nap. Scott and I went to Carolina Wings and Ale out Fish Hatchery Road for a quick supper and will be calling it an early evening. Scott is currently swapping out some memory in a computer for our neighbor. I'm waiting on water to boil for a cup of Herbal tea.

After we ate we drove to the boat ramp and then out to where Amazon was built just to see if anything interesting was happening. We saw a LARGE black snake crossing the road near the boat ramp... no camera so you are "saved" from a picture of yet another snake. As we were driving I saw something blooming in the woods and Scott decided to stop and check it out. He went down and picked some flowers and leaves for me. It was "Wood Azalea's" and they were GORGEOUS! Don't you think so...
 I made some cuttings from this piece and dipped them in a rooting hormone so fingers crossed they'll root and I'll have some growing in my own yard. They have a slight scent and are just SO beautiful!

I also received a "squishy"... you all know how much I LOVE getting SQUISHIES! in the mail. This time it was my corduroy crazy quilt block returning home after the other gals in the swap added their embellishments. I absolutely LOVE IT!
The colors are slightly off in this picture... think jewel tones. I plan to add some more bead work to it and then I'm going to make it into a pillow cover.

Next up will be all the pillow cases for the  FNSI Event. I'd like to have 20 or 30 to mail into them. I will of course post photos.

Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...