Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 07, 2011

WHAT A WONDERFUL DAY!

I may have awoke at 4 AM but shortly after I had posted the message before this one I noticed that it was below 60*F and decided to open some windows. Then I sat in one of the recliners and slept a couple more hours of good restful sleep.

I made pancakes for my breakfast and didn't realize I had used the last of the syrup so I put the batter in the fridge and we will eat the rest as either dessert tonight or breakfast in the morning.

After Scott got up and made himself a sausage and eggs breakfast we decided to go for a walk by the river and then to the library and Aldi's. We went to the West Columbia Entrance today for something a little different. The flowers are trying very hard to put on one final big blast of color before the weather turns cooler. And of course I had to try to capture some of their essence....


The colors were all so rich and vibrant they absolutely GRABBED our attention and demanded their photos be taken.






      Nature's Beauty surrounds us EVERY day!













There were quite a few Canadian Geese enjoying the morning. It was most enjoyable watching them bob for food and then fluff their feather. They were honking to one another and we wondered if they were going over what they were to do today. 


This little fellow is a 5 lined skink and they are so beautiful. We have one that lives under and in our compost bin that is 8 to 10 inches long. They are great little bug hunters and I so enjoy seeing them.
This dragonfly caught Scott's eye because of it's coloring and I am glad that he pointed it our to me. Isn't it striking?

Of course the Gervais Street bridge is always "eye candy" for me and with today's blue sky and wispy clouds I had to take even more photos to share here.




 Scott wanted me to take a couple picture's of our Capital City of Columbia from "our side" of the river so here they are... isn't the sky wonderful?

It really won't be long until the tree's have lost their leaves and we will have a clear view of Columbia.

 After our walk along the river we stopped at the library so that Scott could try to get on the Department of the Navy's job website but apparently their site is down. While he was doing that I decided to just look through books and came home with a small stack to enjoy the next few weeks. I'll share more on them later.  We then went to Aldi's for syrup and ended up about filling the cart with more groceries - I shop better alone! We will use everything we bought and the prices were unbeatable.

And to round this day out I made a spicy vegetable soup and Scott made corn bread for our supper. It was DELICIOUS!

2 comments:

  1. Not sure which picture I enjoyed more...the Riverwalk or the soup? The nice cool morning made me think of soup as well but meatloaf won out today but your soup picture did get me thinking about all my soup recipes I can did out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome day. That skink is pretty darn neat. I'd like to see one myself sometime! That soup and bread looks so tasty and nourishing. What a sweet husband you have!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...