Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Mid-week Day Off

Since I worked this past Sunday they were to give me a day off during the week and that day is today! YEAH! I'm looking forward to it so much I awoke at 4 AM! So much for sleeping "IN". My internal clock is just set and it's hard to change it. I remember in my 20's I'd stay up all hours of the night and then sleep all day - those days are over. I do enjoy an afternoon nap now and will perhaps take one this afternoon.

Yesterday I cut my right thumb pretty good at work; it's not looking too bad now but what a mess at work trying to get it cleaned out and wrapped. I'm keeping it clean and dry and have triple antibiotic on it so it should heal quickly. I was so glad when they said I was off today so that I can keep from bumping and abusing the injury. Tomorrow I will be back in the middle of it all and that is soon enough.

Christmas has been on my mind a lot these days. I see things I know my siblings would love but refrain from buying as we don't' really have the money right now. And then there is that little voice that says I shouldn't even worry about it as they don't stay in touch and I grow weary of being the one to always reach out to them. I've always had a loving and giving nature and it's hard for me not to give. UGH! I'm just so torn over it all. Perhaps I will just focus on the ones that make an effort to stay in touch with me and let that be it. I miss the closeness of Family.

I need to go through what we have in the cabinets and freezer so I know what I have left for meals for the next week or so. Creativity will have to come into play. I want to use up most of what we have that has been around awhile BEFORE I buy any new. Yesterday was a lovely breezy day and it got me to thinking about soup so perhaps I will make up a batch of vegetable soup today.

I know I'm all over the place this morning but my mind is racing with all these thoughts - just trying to get them all organized and prioritized in my brain! Perhaps today I will also get those PJ's finished!

2 comments:

  1. If in doubt make soup that is my motto. I love soup you can trow anything in it and it always turns out.
    About Christmas don't worry I will not be giving to many presents this year, I may make things It is always hard when young children are involved. Maybe I can frame some of my photos.
    Take care of that thumb and a day off should be a day off not all work. Relax a little. B

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you ended up having a nice relaxing day Becky; help recharge those batteries as they say :-)
    I'm a bit like you I guess as I work hard at nurturing relationships and staying in touch. So often it's not reciprocated but I usually 'plug on'. But it is hard...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...