Search This Blog

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Evening Stroll by the River

After a day of feeling bored out my gourd and only cooking, eating and sleeping we figured we needed to get off our rear ends and go for a walk along the River.
Turkey Vultures roosting for the night.
Scott read recently where these vultures will actually throw-up and poop on workers if they are startled... makes me glad neither of us are power or cell tower workers. YIK! Can you imagine the smell - they eat rotting carcasses. EWWW!
Double trestles over the Congaree river.
I just love capturing the reflections.
Nearly a full moon.

Moon and it's reflection.

Really Cool  Beetle just doing it's thing!

4 comments:

  1. Love the moon and its reflection!! You have lovely photos on this post!

    Thanks for your kind words about my friend and appreciating what a community we have in blogland! Seems like to get it, one must be part of it!!


    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a funny story about that! I worked a summer at our local zoo. One of my first days there I was they wanted me to help with the turkey vulture, Lurch. He was really calm and collected with the handler and so I, rather foolishly, decided he would be calm and collected with me too. Not! I tried to pet his chest with one finger and he promptly bit me and threw up on me. That was how I learned that vomiting is one of their main defense tactics. Oh, it was fun. It was all my fault though. I was being to personal and we'd just only met. He didn't feel threatened enough to poop for which I was quite thankful. Biting and vomiting got the point across just fine!

    And holy cow is that a lot of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BLD..... LOL!!!!!! Wanna know something... this was only ONE of the towers the one neck to it had just about as many Vulture's roosting on it as well. Sorry you got that lesson "up close and OH SO personal"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...