Search This Blog

Monday, September 12, 2011

Tonight's Dinner

Scott has requested Chicken Chow Mein and I will use his Mother's recipe to make it. This is SUPER easy to make and taste SO GOOD! Here is the recipe in case anyone wants to try it...

Chicken Chow Mein

Brown lightly in 2 Tablespoons hot butter:

4 Tablespoons minced onion
1 Cup sliced mushrooms

Add and simmer for 15 minutes:

1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
1 cup diced celery
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 Tablespoon sugar

Blend and stir into meat mixture:

1 1/2 Tablespoons cornstarch
Dissolved in:
3 Tablespoons cold water

Cook until slightly thickened and clear.
Serve over hot rice with chow mein noodles.

3 comments:

  1. Yummy! I was just thinking about what to do with the chicken I took out of the freezer for dinner. I happen to have everything I need to make this. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This recipe is going into my recipe file! Yummy!
    ~~HUGS~~
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've popped in before but I think this is the first time I've commented.

    Sounds nice and simple. Just what I look for. Thanks for the recipe. Maa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...