Search This Blog

Sunday, September 09, 2012

A Project Completion

I'm just waiting for the Glossy Accents to dry on the butterflies/moths. I've made 12 of these adorable little "books" for a swap I am in on-line. Each one holds a Post-It stack to carry in your bag/purse.
12 Post-It Books that I made - start to finish.

They are made with 3 pieces of chipboard, covered in Leatherette (thanks to Scott's Antique Radio repairing supplies) with black card stock on the inside. I used heavy duty adhesive strip to hold the Post-It's inside. They are embellished with a cotton ribbon and some stickers that I went over with Glossy Accents. The Glossy Accents dries clear and gives an added dimension to your projects.

I did have a slight mishap with the one second down on the left where the cover was at an angle and the Glossy Accents ran a bit; I quickly pushed it back toward the butterfly but it left a slight shine beyond where I wanted the Glossy Accents so I will be keeping that one for myself. I really like how these turned out and I hope the recipients like them as much as I do.


Close-up of one that has dried.

6 comments:

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...