Search This Blog

Thursday, September 13, 2012

A Finished Project and Sweet "Amber"

Last night I had nearly completed this project but decided to wait until daylight to get a photo as photos just don't turn out well for me after dark. This is my latest project completion... A Halloween tag that I made for a contest. Whether I win or loose I enjoyed creating it. And I'm using up crafting supplies I've had for years. .. win win!

Yesterday I made sweet tea... I know Maria.. I also need to cut the sweets. I just had such a horrible craving and when I poured a glass the sun coming in the kitchen window just seemed to "light it up". I never drank iced tea when growing up but once I moved down South it's like water here... everyone drinks it! In my first 18 years in New York I had afternoon tea with my Grandma... HOT tea with a little milk and a cookie or two... or fresh from the oven homemade cinnamon raisin bread. I miss those afternoon teas.

It's been an "interesting" week at work with a new District Manager taking the reins and putting her spin on things... I feel there will be LOTS of changes in our future. We are her first district... we will be her learning curve and I think everyone is bracing for it.

Scott has gone back to the Doctor and hopefully this time they will give him something to clear that sinus infection completely up. I worry so when he gets one that won't go away as once he had to be hospitalized as he had been on antibiotics so long his bowels didn't contain enough bacteria to do their job and he got REALLY REALLY sick. I have my fingers AND toes crossed!

Time to get some dinner together.

I heard from "Blessings" that her card arrived and that she loved it... I'm glad. Hopefully the others will arrive at their destinations soon if they have not all ready.

4 comments:

  1. Hope Scott will be okay. Just been on antibiottics myself. Was off work for a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its the season. When Mom got her hayfield cut I had a nasty sinus infection. But I treated with over the counter meds. Hope my brotherin law gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope Scott shakes that sinus infection soon; it can be so debilitating :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be sending healing thoughts to Scott!

    I have a friend in the south and she not too long ago educated me about sweet tea. I drink quite a bit of both hot and iced tea, but I don't sweeten mine. I gave her a glass of iced tea (she was expecting sweet iced tea) and was quite shocked when she took her first "bitter" sip.

    I hope it works out with the new manager. We've had some staffing changes here at the library and its been an interesting adjustment period.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...