Search This Blog

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Long Day

I spent several hours mowing our entire yard and the front yard  of the house next door. I would have also done the back yard of the empty house but it's so tall and thick it would have taken another 2 to 3 hours to get it all done. I just got tired of waiting for the Real-estate Company to have someone come mow the place and we are seeing more snakes lately in our yard. More snakes to me only means one thing... there ARE vermin present. I'll take a snake over rast and mice any day.

The anti-biotic the Doctor gave Scott this time has a lot of side effects that are making him feel really bad for 2 to 3 hours after he takes it. So he was pretty quiet for most of the day and only did "water boy" duty while I mowed and mowed. After I had come in and got a shower he went out and worked in the garden while I napped for 45 minutes. He did come out and take a few pictures of the butterflies I pointed out that were feeding on the Lantana.




And of course his all time favorite thing to do is watch me work...


4 comments:

  1. Great photos of the butterfly and the lantana. It has such pretty flowers, but sadly Lantana, is classed as a weed in most states of Australia :-) Love the video...you have a lot of lawn to mow there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great photos of the butterflies. Snakes! Freaky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I knew more about butterflies. They are so lovely! I'd like to know them as well as I do the birds. Maybe someday...there are just so many naturalist skills to learn!!!

    Scott is so funny with his video! I sure do hope he feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am new here.

    I was just saying on another blog that if reincarnation is real I hope I come back in one of my lives as a butterfly. Even though they have a short life, what a life it must be!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...