Search This Blog

Saturday, September 08, 2012

Our Weird Day's Adventure

So after a late breakfast we decided to go down to the Springfield Flea Market but by the time we got there nearly everyone was gone for the day so we decided to explore HWY4 and then turned on another road and ended up in Wagner, SC. WOW! 

We were driving along and this caught our eye and there was a Subway right across the road so we figured we'd stop and get some photos and some lunch at Subway.




After being TOTALLY IGNORED at the Subway there and us leaving we decided to stop in at the feed and seed type store. We noticed that most ALL the store fronts said they were some part of some Christian Cult type outfit and then 3 shallow eyed teens talking in undertones were sitting in a doorway and they looked up and said "Hi You Guys" in VERY creepy voices.

Now we are in BACKWOODS South Carolina where the word GUYS is NEVER spoken so that alone kinda set the hair up on the back of my neck. Then I took another photo of some VERY interesting metal work on an awning and turned and they were GONE!


We turned around and headed back to our car and when we passed an alley there were the teens we'd seen earlier and some more were with them all talking in some alien undertone that REALLY creeped us out and I was just waiting for them to turn and look and scream... "THERE THEY ARE... GET THEM!" 

Scott said we had to get out of there before night fall.

 If ANYONE had pulled out a banjo I'd have been doing 90 mph to get the heck out of there.

So we left Wagner and we were still hungry so we drove on up the road and ended up in Batesburg at the Subway there where we shared a foot long sub with some chips and a drink each and a sharing of two cookies. The Manager there was so hateful and you could just feel the Negative energy in the air and the poor girls working for her looked absolutely miserable. We felt really bad for them - probably their first job and having to work for such a hateful woman. It was good to get some food in our stomachs but the atmosphere sucked! 
My HUGE purchases!

After we left there we stopped at 2 Goodwills and I bought just 4 little items for a grand total for both stops of $2.60... WOO HOO BIG SPENDERS! 

I got a small patriotic bag and the box of division cards for $0.80 each at the first Goodwill. And then the little box and the goose pattern were each $0.50 at the second Goodwill. 

We also stopped at Hobby Lobby and I bought some stickers and ribbon to finish the little Post-It books I've made. I will write more about them when I get them finished.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend... as you can tell I ignored the list for the better part of this day but we needed a play day!

4 comments:

  1. Nice pictures even if it was a bizarre place. Nice finds at the Goodwill store.
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Tracy. That little red house and the old pick-up truck were just too hard to resist stopping.

      Delete
  2. This post reminds me of a place we stopped at on our honeymoon, creepy. I had to laugh about if they had gotten out a banjo, and the fact that you didn't want to be there after dark.

    Have a great week Becky ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...