Search This Blog

Saturday, September 01, 2012

It had been too long...

This morning started off with some home made "Raspberry" muffins; I actually used a recipe called  

Dexter Inn's Blueberry Muffins...

1/2 cup butter at room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tsps baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
2 cups flour
1/2 cup milk

TOPPING
2 Tbls. sugar
1/2 tsp. nutmeg

Preheat oven to 325*F. Grease or line 12 to 15 muffin cups.

Beat butter until creamy, add sugar and continue beating. Beat in eggs, vanilla,baking powder and salt. Fold in flour, milk and blueberries. Spoon into muffin tins. Mix sugar and nutmeg for topping and sprinkle over muffins. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and springy.

As I said ours were RASPBERRY - I substitute berries all the time in both muffin recipes that I use. And of course with Scott being Scott muffins were not enough... "MAN NEED PROTEIN". So I made an omelet filled with onion, bell pepper and cheese as well.

After breakfast the decision was made to get Scott in to see a doctor. He has been feeling bad for weeks and today he was in enough pain to admit he needed to see a Dr.

Of course I had the camera with me and I snapped this photo of him after he had sat back up on the exam table having just peeked in the drawers and cabinets... I swear after the Nurse leaves he turns into a 4 year old. At least I got him to laugh a bit. As you can see we always bring something to read while we wait - it's safer than looking through the virus covered magazines in the waiting rooms.

After we left the Dr's office we picked up the medications he needed and then went on to his Moms' for an AMAZING lunch. Then came home and napped and then FINALLY got to walk a bit by the River. The sun was perfect for some GREAT Shots of the Gervais Street Bridge.
I took this shot and LOVE IT!
Brick (Man Made) captured by Nature
These trees were "new" to these rocks


Spider Decor
My shot of the bridge between the trees.





Scott's shot of the bridge - I like them both.


4 comments:

  1. That's a lovely old bridge Becky. The old ones always look more interesting than the new ones with their steel and concrete sides

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh what an awesome blog, love reading about your life :) glad Scott went to the doctor :) haha at the peeking in drawers hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos and I love the food shots, makes me so hungry! Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave a sweet comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Becky I hope Scott is feeling better that is always scary. The muffins look and sound wonderful.
    I love your walk the driftwood is beautiful. Nice place to pass the time.B

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...