Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Christmas ....

So I got to thinking about Christmas today and decided to start on a little tree... I'd like to make 3 of these in different sizes for a table display... perhaps with a table topper to match. I started with a Styrofoam cone and then put a delicate lace around the bottom.
Then I began placing triangles of ribbon (I think this is 1/2" ribbon) around the cone above the lace like so....
The triangles are formed by folding the cut end up to the top edge and then folding the ribbon up that is still attached to the roll to form the triangle and then cut along the edge to release the triangle from the roll then using sequin pins pin it into place. Along the bottom you will need to use 4 pins each until you have several rows applied and then you can use just two in the center.



As you apply new layers be sure to cover the previous pin heads by overlapping the triangles. I will need to buy more ribbon to finish this project and some more cones... I'm waiting for a good sale as both are rather expensive.
I chose the stripped glittered ribbon for "sparkle". Now I will have to get busy on the things I should have been working on to get all my swaps caught up. I'm feeling a bit more crafty this week.

3 comments:

  1. oh that is a cute idea! I think the sparkle ribbon just seems right..Would love to see this when finished!!
    ~~Peace~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ribbon triangles make great foliage for the tree...clever you Becky!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...