Search This Blog

Monday, July 09, 2012

100*F - Heat Index - 105.8*F

When you step  outside the air is just sucked straight out of your body and you feel like you haven't had a thing to drink in a month. I'm glad our A/C is working! I dread cooking dinner as it will heat the house up and make it difficult to get to sleep tonight. I'm glad I got a nap after work today as I did not sleep well at all last night. I'm hoping for a good nights rest for ALL of us tonight.

AUGH! DINNER! What to fix? WHAT TO FIX? I have Italian sausage defrosted and there is some macaroni salad leftover from yesterday. Perhaps I will just heat up a can of seasoned beans and call THAT dinner. (AND THAT WAS DINNER!) We've given up on eating out... ONE ... we can't afford it... and TWO... it all seems to taste like SH _ _ ... well you get the picture. Basically we are both pretty good cooks and nothing measures up to our own cooking anyway AND I can buy a half a week's worth of groceries for what a single meal out will cost. Anyone that says eating out is cheaper than cooking from scratch is crazy!

Friday evening is "Yarn Night" at the store and I am planning to attend. I just have to remember not to just sit and stitch or I'll have my back out again. I will take breaks and walk around the store periodically. I'll be working on something small as it's too hot to have a pile of yarn in my lap.


6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry ,you now have the 100+ weather we endured last week...eat light..dress light and for the love of God, don't mow your lawn..don't care what your neighbors say...take it easy as possible and rest when you can..~~HUGS~~even though it's to HOT & Humid even for a hug..:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Though definitely the opposite to how our weather is right now, I know how hard it is to feel motivated to cook in hot weather. Then there is the dilemma of going out. I feel much the same. If it's as good or better than you can make at home it's really expensive. But it also feels like there is no point going out if the food is inferior. Hope things cool down for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure is hot where you are but freezing cold here! Here is my new blog address http://seasonsfullcircle.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pouring rain and cold as ice here, Becky. Cooking from scratch is definately cheaper and better for your health. I can understand how you just don't feel like cooking in the heat. Maybe make up some hearty soup and freeze it. Then just heat and add some toast or something. Maa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup, hot...hot...hot. I'm reading a book about the Dust Bowl right now and just read a passage about a town in Oklahoma having 37 days in a row of more than 100 degree weather. On the 37th day it was 117 degrees. That made me feel better about my present state. Its only been three weeks of high 90s to 100s...with that one blessed 75 degree day.

    I hope you're keeping cool as possible.

    Oh, and yes, eating out is crazy expensive and, if one is a good cook, frequently disappointing.

    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...