Search This Blog

Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Sunday of EVERYTHING!

 I so enjoy a quiet Sunday morning; no sounds of hectic traffic, the air is crisp and clear and the birds are singing all around. I stepped out to get the Sunday paper and thought about coming back in and clipping the coupons but instead I grabbed my camera and went back out in the yard to "take it all in". 

The first picture I took was of some of the buds on the Tulip Poplar tree that grows along the driveway and then I found some that had opened all ready. I think it's magic how buds that look so green will turn into blossoms of yellow and orange. The squirrels just love these flowers and will grab one in their front paws and then slam their faces into the center and eat the centers out. They are really a lot of fun to watch when they are doing this.

When Scott gets up and we've had a bit of breakfast we may drive into Columbia and walk around taking picture's of interesting things on Main Street. There are some very interesting works of Art down there as well as some amazing architecture. I ADORE old buildings and always hate to see one come down to be replaced by a "shiny box". But while we are waiting for him to get up we'll get back to what I photographed to share with you all.
Mustard Green's seed pods

A Happy little Primrose

The Old thyme rose that was here when we moved in.

Hosta's I thought last Summers heat had killed

Why we don't go barefoot in our backyard - Chestnut Hull.

A cream Rose that I planted several years ago.

Windmill blowing in the breeze.
For those that enjoyed the previous posts about antique radios. These are some from Scott's collection that are waiting for restoration. Once he gets them restored we will bring some of them into the house and some he will sell on Craigslist.


The floor model in the second picture belonged to his Grandfather and we will be keeping that one. The one on top of it is a "mutt" radio and I'm hoping Scott will leave a comment here about it for you all. It really has an interesting story behind it. 





My Progress on the "Fall" String blocks for the Round Robin.

And my final bit will be about the Sew-A-Long that Simplicity is hosting on Face-book. You can sew up any view from pattern number 2185; I'm going to make view "D" as I like long skirts that cover my knees and varicose veins. I'll be using the fabric in this picture - a lovely Earthy Red with a Paisley print. 

I hope everyone has a fabulous Sunday and shares some wonderful "memories" with their loved ones.

3 comments:

  1. Yesterday was a lovely, memory day with our children and grands...alot of eating...and then...dying easter eggs...even though it rained and then snowed....Today, Sunday...Is Our relaxing day...Sundays always are and always will be...because I don't believe people should have to work on Sundays:)
    ~~HUGS~~
    Your welcome to post a Sunday "Attitude of Gratitude" ,then comment on my blog and
    link back to your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely pictuers of your trees and flowers. I especially love the roses.

    The floor model radio is like the one we had in our house when I was a kid. My dad did some work for a man and the man gave him the radio instead of payment.

    Hope you have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the garden pictures! I love the tree especially, and I do miss my roses so I like seeing yours. I am a "D" skirt person too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...