Search This Blog

Monday, April 11, 2011

Transplant Monday

 Today I transplanted the little seedlings that had started to get their "true leaves" and then replanted more of the same seeds in the starter containers. I transplanted cucumbers, yellow squash and Nasturtiums.
Plants in their new homes.

I pulled my old seeds out and went through them to see what else I wanted to start and decided on a few more zinnia's, another try at the Pot Marigolds (Dumped all the seed I had left into the cells); some Torch flowers and the rest of the package of Forget-me-nots. If they don't grow I can say I at least tried to give them a chance. I have so many seeds as my Sweet Husband and son know how much I love to grow things and have been buying me seeds each year. I was living at my job and never home to plant them. NOW I can and I'm loving it! I'm truly hoping to have a glorious floral border bed along the garage to attract bees and such to the garden to help pollinate the vegetables so that we will also have LOTS of veggies to put up for next winter. 


Today I've also been tackling that MOUNTAIN of laundry - I'm determined to get it ALL done - folded and put away. I want no "seeds" left around... That is something my Grandma used to say... "Dishes and laundry always have seeds laying around to start more; you're always guaranteed a new crop" .

2 comments:

  1. I'm anticipating photos of your lovely garden while we are going into our Winter months as flowers always make life look brighter :D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that seed planting and transplanting looks quite exciting! That reminds me that I need to do a little organizing in my vegie patch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...