Search This Blog

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Stolen Moments for Stitching

I've been having an interesting week settling into my new schedule. Most days have included an afternoon nap to combat the short nights of sleep and that has cut into the time I had planned to sew. But I've been stealing moments here and there and last night I thought I would take a series of photos to show how my round for the Round Robin is coming along. I should have it completed and ready to be mailed by tomorrow evening. 
Completed String blocks awaiting trimming.

First two sides trimmed to make a 9" block.

Last two sides trimmed to make a 9" block.

Then cut into 2 - 4 1/2"x 9" rectangles.

Cut one in half to make 2 -  4 1/2" squares.

Cut remaining rectangle in half so I ended up with 4 - 4 1/2" squares.

Here are 8 of the 4 1/2" squares laid out in the border pattern I plan to use for the Round Robin.
I may add a narrow solid or tone on tone before I add this pieced border.

6 comments:

  1. Glad you're enjoying your new schedule and your evenings at home. The runner is beautiful. I love the colors you're using.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, I love it! Thanks for sharing how you did it. I know I will do this someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky, the project is lovely...love the chosen colors and layout...
    p.s your featured on my blog :)
    ~~HUGS to a very kind lady~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours and fabric designs you've used and the way you've made them is great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that's beautiful! i would love to do something like that someday.
    (Thanks for the comment on my blog.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...