Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Online COMMUNITY!

I just LOVE the on-line community - making friends all over the Earth is a tremendous joy. Yesterday an on-line friends' friend surprised me with 4 skeins of #10 crochet cotton. It's a lovely Ecru and will make some beautiful doilies! And this "new friend" lives right here in South Carolina! SMALL WORLD! It's the little joys and surprises that make life worth living. I'm thinking the puppies on the card are hers' as it's a beautiful hand crafted card too. They are SO ADORABLE!

Today my energy seems to have returned - had a good nights rest and I'm sure that has helped. I'm still planning to get another 8 or so of the paper pieced blocks done today but before I jump back on those I want to work up a "sandwich" with the cat quilt top I made to use in the car when we are traveling as sometimes Scott freezes me to death. Once the sandwich is made I will be able to get the quilting done on it between rounds of paper pieced blocks so that I don't get overwhelmed by either project. I'm using some CRAZY quilt cat fabric I bought off Ebay years ago for the backing fabric and I still have another 2 to 2 1/2 yards left that I'm thinking a prairie dress for Abby would be adorable.
It's good my siblings had girls for me to sew for or I'd feel "girl" deprived. I did make clothes for Greg when he was little and when he was a teen I made a Matrix pleather coat - WHAT A JOB THAT WAS! Now the only sewing I've done for him is blankets and uniform adjustments. They grow up TOO FAST! Time I guess to focus more on sewing for myself and quilts. 

I guess I better get back to the sewing machine and basting spray.

1 comment:

  1. Becky, I was happy to pass on your info because I know you will make something fabulous out of that cotton! I am glad you are happy with it.

    I would not be looking forward to paper piecing either. Just keep thinking, "X down, X to go!!!" LOL

    I love the kitty fabric, too. I'm looking forward to seeing the quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...