Search This Blog

Saturday, January 01, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I hope that everyone had an enjoyable time last night and that they aren't hurting too badly this morning for those that perhaps partied a little too hard. We went to bed about 10 since I had to be up early today to go to work at 8:30 but at about 10 til 12 the neighborhood was filled with LOTS of booms and bright lights from all the fireworks. I think everyone was EXTRA glad to see 2010 go away. It was a rough year for many people... HERE'S TO 2011 BEING AWESOME!
A view of the old damn and locks on the river through the trees

One of my favorite things - FUNGI - proof that something lives on after death

A closer view of the damn remnants and the old locks.

Scott and Amelia

The locks and the old damn from the lower side where a little "beach" had developed with the river being so low this year.

Last night I posted that I will be working and sewing today and then this morning I got to thinking Scott and I better fit a walk by the river in since thats something we definitely want to do ALL year long. We went there yesterday and had a lovely time. With the leaves off the tree's you get to see things you don't when they are lush and green. The moss is a lime green now and against the brown dirt looks amazing - perhaps a lime green and brown quilt will be created this year. We took Amelia with us and she had a grand time sniffing and grinning at the people we passed. She was one happy dog. I keep picking on Scott that I am going to get one of those pet strollers so the cats can go too. 

I'm going to go work a bit on the Mystery quilt now before I have to shower and dress for work. I love "working" at home as you don't have to "dress" for work - PJ'S RULE!

1 comment:

  1. Happy, healthy new year, Becky! May this year be a prosperous and blessed one for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...