Search This Blog

Friday, December 31, 2010

Progress on the mystery and OH WHAT A LOVELY SURPRISE

Before I went into work today I was able to get part 2 of the Roll Roll Cotton Boll to the point of pressing open and you can see the progress  in this photo as well as the strips I've been cutting from some neutral creams and whites for Part 3 of this mystery.  So much fun! Today Bonnie revealed what the quilt center will look like and it just makes me want to hurry up and get to that point. I'm planning to use this quilt on our bed. I'd love to have it completed before January 15th.

When I arrived home from work I was greeted with a tremendous surprise. Scott had installed the new fixture in the dining room and I'm thrilled with it. The light is so bright I could stay up all night quilting. I've been cutting at the dining room table these days as it's warmer in there than in the room I use for a sewing room. Mostly because we use a little electric space heater in the room we occupy the most (the living / dining room); to compensate from keeping the heat set at no more than 65* .

I had planned to stay up until midnight and welcome in the New Year but I was asked to work 9 to 3 tomorrow so I better turn in a bit earlier than planned. We went ahead and popped open one of the bottles of Champagne and announced... HAPPY NEW YEAR! At least I'm getting a few more hours and that will help with buying groceries. I also plan to sew tomorrow when I get home as they say what you do on New Years Day is what you will be doing all year long - sewing and working sounds good to me.

I hope everyone has a wonderful New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...